Thank you for your interest in a career at The Donoho School. Any organization is only as good as its people, and here at Donoho, we understand the value that passionate, lifelong learners can have in impacting young lives. Conveniently located near Interstate-20 between Atlanta and Birmingham, 安尼斯顿, 阿拉巴马州, is ideally suited for family living and year-round recreational activities.
The applicant should be skilled at preparing students to succeed in future high school level math courses and beyond, while having a proven track record of building relationships and creating a positive classroom culture with students of this age. The teacher must be a relationship builder, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be well trained in content knowledge and teaching strategies. While this immediate posting is for a middle school position, we seek to put people in the best positions for success at our School. Requirements include a bachelor’s degree, outstanding communication skills, and the ability to lead and work as a team. A master’s degree is preferred and classroom teaching experience desired. Salary is commensurate with experience. Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé.
- Plan and implement math lessons based on required school standards.
- Develop lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the school’s basic instructional philosophy and course standards.
- Develop student strength, 信心, and well-being by cultivating student awareness and ownership of personal performance.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior to provide an orderly and productive environment.
- Continually assess student progress and keep students and parents well informed.
- Work cooperatively with 老师 within the department to support the planning and implementing of our math program.
- Attend all grade level and staff meetings and designated school functions outside of school hours.
- Work with other 老师 to proactively address and resolve student issues.
- Participate in school-wide professional development and seek continual feedback and 训练 to develop as a teacher.
- Perform necessary duties including but not limited to morning arrival, 午餐, 解雇, and after-school responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher and mastery of core subject.
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience preferred.
- Excellent facilitator with the ability to motivate, 直接, and train people and collaborate and interact with others effectively and productively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing, conceptualizing and prioritizing objectives.
- Adaptability in dealing with change, delays or unexpected events to ensure the general welfare of the school.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test.
School 任务 and Culture
The Donoho School empowers me to LEAD: live with honor, engage my passions, 谦虚行事, and delight in wisdom.
The Donoho School faculty and staff are encouraged to be active in the life of the school outside of the classroom. Frequent attendance at school events and activities helps strengthen our school community. Additional duty assignments such as student advisor, 舞蹈伴侣, Intersession sponsor/lead teacher, 训练, and/or club sponsorship help to build rapport with the Donoho community. Strong communication and relationship management with the student and family is expected by all faculty members. Faculty is responsible for appropriately modeling positive and productive conduct.
Applicants should submit the following to Sharon Burt, Assistant to the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and Cover Letter
- List of References
All interested applicants please contact
Sharon Burt (256)237-5477 ex. 4